Salary Range: $60,000 – 65,000
Resume review will begin Monday, 03-27-2023 and continue until successful candidate is appointed.
Auxiliary Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
The Registered Dietitian (RDN) provides medical nutrition therapy to students via telehealth or in person as well as nutritional advice and guidance to current and future participants in the campus dining meal plan programs. The RDN will assess patient’s nutritional status, develop a plan of care to maintain or improve nutritional status, periodically evaluate the patient’s response to the plan of care and modify as required for optimal outcomes. The RDN counsel’s student and/or families about food requirements, eating habits and therapeutic nutrition while also providing nutritional education and awareness, promoting healthy food choices and offering nutritional counseling. The RDN trains all staff on food allergy training and keeps records of this process. The RDN develops and maintains food allergy and celiac disease policies and procedures. The RDN manages communication between dietary needs students and the dining centers and develops plans of care to accommodate their dietary needs while promoting a positive experience within the dining program. The RDN reviews all meal plan exemption requests prior to forwarding on to the resident dining director. The is responsible for menu/recipe development and maintaining the nutritional data within the software system. The RDN works as a team member with the Resident Dining professional, hourly and student staff. The RDN reports to the Director of Resident Dining.
- Demonstrate a sincere passion and enthusiasm for preparing, serving and presenting food.
- Genuine concern for customer satisfaction.
- Possess a caring concern for hourly and student employees as well as coworkers. Have excellent listening skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Medical Nutrition Counseling:
- Assess clinical nutrition needs of student
- Create individualized treatment plans
- Conduct individual nutrition counseling appointments
- Arrange individual meetings or dining tours with students experiencing medical difficulties associated with campus meal plan
- Active participant in the nutrition concerns committee
Menu and Recipe Development
- Plan Resident Dining menus and Daily Offerings. Identify menu trends; ensure fresh and healthy menu offerings.
- Develop culturally sensitive menus and adapt when needed for specific holidays.
- Responsible for standardized recipes, including formulation and testing in dining units.
- Work with Bakery Manager in bakery to review recipe formulation, product development and quality control.
- Ensure nutritional information, ingredients, and allergens are accurate and available online to customers.
- Work with Purchasing Manager to maintain database of food specifications.
- Work with the Resident Dining Director and Purchasing Manager to establish purchasing priorities for all food and supplies. Coordinate new product testing in units.
Food Allergy & Dietary Needs
- Assist customers who have special dietary needs such as food allergies. Work with building staff to meet their needs.
- Maintain food allergy and dietary needs student data base
- Point of contact for all food allergic and dietary needs students
- Review and update all policies and procedures pertaining to food allergies and dietary needs accommodations
- Train and maintain records for all staff food allergy training
Nutrition Education & Health Promotion
- Develop and promote nutrition information and education to help our customers make informed menu choices.
- Mentor and supervise nutrition education interns and/or volunteers as needed.
- Provide nutrition education presentations to the SUNY Oswego campus as needed. Examples include athletics teams, wellness classes and residence halls
- Active participant in the universities wellness committee
- Registered Dietitian (AND Certification)
- Three-year minimum experience working as a Registered Dietitian
- Experience working with people with eating disorders preferred
- Two+ years of experience developing, implementing and evaluating nutrition education and health promotion programs preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Personable, outgoing and enthusiastic is a must
- Team player
Auxiliary Services, State University College at Oswego, Inc. invites application for the position of Registered Dietitian. The Registered Dietitian reports to the Director of Resident Dining. The Registered Dietitian is responsible for working with students and dining centers, training staff on allergies, and maintains all food allergy policies and procedures. The Registered Dietitian works cooperatively with members form all divisions of Auxiliary Services and student employees.
Registered Dietitian (AND certification)
Three years’ minimum experience working as a Registered Dietitian
Proficient in Microsoft Word Suites
Two years of experience developing, implementing and evaluating nutrition education and health promotion programs preferred
Experience working with people with eating disorders preferred
Apply online at https://www.oswego.edu/auxiliary-services/careers-auxiliary-services or Send a letter of application, resume and three names of reference to:
Director of Resident Dining
ATTN: Registered Dietitian Search
SUNY Oswego Commissary
7060 State Route 104
Maintenance Complex Building #11
Oswego, NY 13126
All applications must be received by Sunday 04-28-2023
Auxiliary Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer